Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Birchbox

Today I have a non-nail related post for you.  I recently signed up for Birchbox, and thought I would share a review of the samples I got in this month's box.  If you're not familiar with Birchbox, here's how it works.  For $10 a month, they send you a box with about 5-6 samples of high end beauty products.  It's fun to try new products that you normally wouldn't buy, and it's nice to get a little treat in the mail once a month!  Last month was my first month, and I got fun things like an exclusive nail polish (which the Polishaholic swatched today, strangely enough.  Check it out HERE), a makeup bag, perfume, and face cleanser.  This month I didn't get any nail polish (sad..), but I did get some other great samples.

First up is the Lip Enhancer by Jouer.  Those of you that know me know that I am completely addicted to Softlips.  I'm hesitant to try other lip products, because none can compare, in my mind.  But this lip enhancer was surprisingly good.  It won't replace my Softlips, but I liked it none the less.  It wasn't sticky or waxy at all.
 
Next is Viva la Juicy La Fleur by Juicy Couture.  I'm pretty picky about my perfumes.  I don't like very "girly" or floral scents - I prefer fresh, clean, light fragrances.  La Fleur is a little too flowery for my tastes, but I don't hate it. 
 
Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm cosmetics is a "highlighter, shadow, and all-over shimmer".  I have to play with this more to figure out how to best use it.  So far I have dabbed a bit on the inside corner of my eyes and it definitely brightens my eyes.  This came with a card that explains other uses for it, so I'll have to try some of them out.
 
My favorite product from this month's box are the Pro:Vitamins A15 and C10 from Vitivia.  They are single use caplets that you smooth onto your face at night and in the morning.  I have been using them for a few days.  I can already tell that my skin feels softer, and just nice.  I guess there's a reason these are $55 for a full sized product!!
 
Last up is the LUNA protein bar.  I got it in the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor.  Nothing to rave about, but it was decent and kept me full for a little while.
 
 
If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox, you can use this link:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment