Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spun Sugar Accent Nail

Kate's Nails
 
I've seen a lot of these "spun sugar" nails on the blogs lately, and wanted to try them out.  After watching a few tutorial videos and picking out my colors, I got down to business.  Basically, to do these nails you stir a blob of polish with a toothpick until it's almost dry.  It becomes very stringy, and then you use the toothpick to lay the strings on your nail.  It took a few tries to get it right, but I finally got the hang of it.  I definitely plan on trying this look again in other colors.  I topped these off with a coat of Seche Vite, which unfortunately took away from the neat texture of these.  I would leave them without a topcoat next time (as long as I have enough time to let them dry!)
 
Polishes Used:
Ulta Joined at the Hippo
Butter Dodgy Barnett
Sally Hansen Fairy Teal

No comments:

Post a Comment