Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baltimore Ravens Nails - Playoffs Week 2 - Ravens Eyes

Kate's Nails 
It's week two of the playoffs!! The Ravens are in Denver today to take on the Broncos.  It's going to be a tough game, but here's hoping we can make it to the AFC championships!
These nails are some of my favorite Ravens ones I've done.  Anyone in the Baltimore area should recognize these Ravens eyes.  They were on the M&T Bank Ravens car magnet recently, and are over the tunnel at M&T Bank Stadium where the players come out.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get them to look right, but I was able to do it on the first try!  
Go Ravens!!




Polishes Used:
Spoiled 2 Weeks Sober
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
China Glaze Liquid Leather
Sonia Kashuk Chocoholic
Wet N Wild Red Red

8 comments:

  1. this is awesome! i'm thinking about trying this or the maryland flag one for the super bowl. i'm not really a commenter, but i read all your posts and seriously love them all! go ravens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment :) I'm glad you are enjoying my nail art! If you do one of these for the Super Bowl, email a picture to miscmanis@gmail.com if you can. I'd like to do a post that shows pictures of the nail art people did that was inspired by something from this blog. Go Ravens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any technique to how you did this? Am I right in doing black, then the red, then white, then purple? How did you get the eyes so good? These are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :)
    I started with black, and then did the eyes. I was really worried about getting the eyes right, but through some miracle, I got them on the first try (they did take two coats, though). Then came white and purple. I wish I could offer better advice on the eyes, but it was pure luck that they came out right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank-you! Haha, it's okay, I thought the eyes would've been just one of those things that just goes right, hopefully I can perfect these by the SuperBowl. Thanks once again! :)

      Delete
  5. Did you use polish for the eyes or acrylic paint? I can't get my eyes to show up over the black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used polish (Wet N Wild Red Red). I had to do two thick coats to get them to show. Acrylic paint would have worked better, but I didn't have the right shade of red paint!

      Delete