Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Birchbox

January Birchbox

It's time for this month's review of the products I received in my Birchbox.  There were some really great products this month.  If you're wondering what a Birchbox is, or if you want to see previous Birchbox posts, click HERE.


Harvey Prince Skinny Chic:  
Finally! I perfume from a Birchbox that I can actually enjoy!  This "zesty blend of apple, mint, and lotus blossom" is really fresh and light.  This is a scent that you could wear every day.  It claims that it helps fight cravings, but I didn't see that effect (or maybe I was just extra hungry today.. who knows?).  
(Full size - $21-55)

LASHEM Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum:
The card and the Birchbox website claim that I got the Gel Serum, but the actual sample I received is the Double Trouble Mascara.  It's a pretty decent mascara.  The sample sized brush is tough to use, but the full sized product is probably much easier to handle.  
(Full Size for the Gel Serum - $69.99)

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo:
I have blonde and oily hair, so I use a daily clarifying shampoo every time I wash my hair.  So I was excited to get a large sample of this shampoo.  However, when I used it, it felt like I was putting glue in my hair.  It didn't lather well at all, and left my hair feeling stringy.  For a clarifying shampoo, I felt like I left more residue in my hair than any regular shampoo!  It also had a pretty unpleasant scent.  Too bad.
(Full Size - $32)

theBalm cosmetics Hot Mama:
This is a two-in-one blush and highlighter.  It gives a nice, subtle glow, and it flattering to my skin tone.  This could be used every day, or to amp up your regular makeup routine a bit.
(Full Size - $20)

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream:
This moisturizer provides your face with light, non-greasy hydration.  I was very pleased with this product.  I noticed that my skin felt just as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning!
(Full Size - $42)

If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox (or giving a subscription as a gift!) you can use my referral link herehttps://www.birchbox.com?raf=xdgbr

No comments:

Post a Comment