Thursday, February 14, 2013

Skittle Hearts for Valentine's Day

Cara's Nails

 Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!Today I have for you a skittles mani of hearts. I enjoyed the look of my last Valentine's Day manicure with the single Rosie Lee heart and decided to go with a variation of that design! I used a two coats of Zoya Kelly for my base. The heart colors, from left to right, are China Glaze Shower Together, Zoya Dana, Julep Nina, Sinful Colors Dream On, and Julep Nikki. I created a heart template using scotch tape for all my nails except for my pinky which I had to free hand due to its ridiculous tiny-ness. 

This is my first use of the Julep colors. These came in my January Julep Maven box. I had not yet worn them because they are neons and I am not fond of the neon craze. They were surprisingly not as flashy as I thought they would be. It did however take multiple coats to get these colors opaque. Dream On is a color I have had in my stash for a long time but also have never used. It is a vibrant purple that I can only describe as a "comic book super hero" color. It also dries a funny matte finish. I used a top coat of Essie Good to Go to fix that. 

natural lighting

indoor lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment