Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Birchbox


Time for the monthly Birchbox review!  This month was ok.  A few good products, and one not so good one. If you're wondering what a Birchbox is, or if you want to see previous Birchbox posts, click HERE.




Caldrea Body Lotion:
Included this month were three samples of Caldrea's body lotion.  I got: Tea Olive Lime, Aloe Water Apricot, and Coconut Fig.  Aloe Water Apricot was my favorite of the three.  These moisturized really well without being heavy.  However, you need to use a lot of product to get results.  I thought the sample sizes were pretty generous, but each sample was barely enough for my legs.
(Full size - $22)

Make Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover:
This is a quality makeup remover.  I would compare it to Clinique's Take the Day Off.  It does what it promises, and doesn't bother my sensitive skin.  This was my favorite of the samples this month.
(Full Size - $18)

Make Lipstick:
I never wear lipstick, so I wasn't too excited to get a lipstick sample.  I think that lipstick looks fake on me, and so I never wear it.  However, I tried this sample out, and this shade (Putty) works really well on me.  It's like my natural lip color, just pumped up a bit.  I might actual wear this from time to time!  
(Full Size - $18)

Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo:
Ugh. This was the loser of this month's box.  I have mentioned before that I have tried many different dry shampoos in the hopes of helping my poor, grease prone hair.  None of them have worked so far, and this one is no different.  Well, maybe I shouldn't say that.  It did take a bit of the grease out of my hair, and did give me a bit of volume.  But none of that was worth it for how it made my hair feel.  It was like putting glue in my hair!  Washing it out was a pain too - I had to shampoo three times!  
(Full Size - $25)

Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board:
This is a cute, medium grain emery board.  Not much else to say about it!
(Full Size - $5)


If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox (or giving a subscription as a gift!) you can use my referral link herehttps://www.birchbox.com?raf=xdgbr

No comments:

Post a Comment