Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Experimenting with Ikat

Cara's Nails

I thought I'd try something new in terms of pattern. I know the ikat trend is nothing new but I was never sure how I felt about it. Then, Kate did this ikat manicure and I could definitely see the appeal! So here are my attempts at the ikat manicure.

I created this one with a base coat of OPI Vant to Bite my Neck. This is the color I most desired from the Euro Centrale collection. Then, I completely forgot I bought it until I spotted it on my polish rack while planning out this manicure. As much as I do love this color it was not the best choice as a base in this particular design. Due to its darkness  I was unable to add any black details around the outside of the design. I added white using Sally Hansen White On. The pinkish details are China Glaze Passion for Petals from the Avant Garden Collection. This polish will get it's own post soon enough.

So I tried the design a second time. This time I learned from my mistake and went with a light base color. This lighter purple is OPI You're Such a Budapest also from the Euro Centrale collection. The small details were created using Butter London Slapper.

So which is the better design?

No comments:

Post a Comment